Have you heard? The first month of Measure D soda taxes has been collected. Meanwhile, BUSD’s Cooking and Gardening programs are desperate for funding. How much soda tax was collected? And where will that money go? And who decides? Come to the Ecology Center at 7PM on the night of Thursday, June 4 and find out. MomsRising and the Ecology Center are hosting an informal gathering of Berkeley parents and other interested folks to discuss the current state of Berkeley Unified School District’s nutrition programs and what people can do to support a strong nutrition program in the future.
There will be a panel discussion, followed by Q&A moderated by Ecology Center Executive Director Martin Bourque. Panelists from City Council, the Healthy Child Coalition, and BUSD will be on hand to address topics such as:
- Initial outcomes of Measure D soda tax revenues
- The impact of soda tax revenues on school nutrition programs
- BUSD’s current school nutrition funding proposals
- How to get involved and use your voice to impact BUSD budget decisions
- Top issues facing school nutrition programs across the district
Snacks and drinks will be provided. Come get informed and involved! Click HERE for more details.