We Are Here to Support Your Sustainable Living Practices!
The Ecology Center Store provides products that encourage environmentally and socially responsible lifestyle practices and sustainable gift giving. We stocks books, housewares, great green gifts, organic gardening supplies, toys, games, recycled paper products and glassware, organic fibers, and much more.
This winter, we look forward to filling your orders online through our eCommerce site or in-person during our store hours of operation, listed below.
As an Ecology Center member, you always receive 10% off your purchase of regularly priced items and 20% off books purchased in-store, as well as invitations to special member sales.
When you shop with us, you know you can trust what you buy. Our product policy summarizes the careful considerations we take when sourcing the products we carry.
- Only 6 customers will be allowed in the Store at a time. A staff member will let you know when you can enter. We appreciate your patience while standing in line outside.
- Every customer must use the sanitization station at the entry of the store. Please apply sanitizer to your hands as well as your phone.
- It is required that you wear a mask that covers nose and mouth when waiting in line, shopping, and during checkout.
- At the checkout counter, please stand behind the glass barrier. Cash, card, and Apple Pay are accepted. All sales are final.
Order Online, Pick Up at the Ecology Center Store
Although we have suspended in-person workshops to safeguard you and our staff during this pandemic, we continue to host workshops and classes on line, as well as provide Free Fact Sheets, to support you in living your values of sustainability. Click here to view upcoming Workshops and Classes.
2530 San Pablo Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702
Phone: (510) 548-3402
We consider whether a particular product is:
- good for the environment or better than conventional alternatives
- made from sustainable, organically grown, or recycled materials
- affordable and durable
- reusable, repairable, biodegradable, or compostable
- compatible with sustainable practices or resource conservation
- reflective of multicultural values
- produced locally
We generally avoid products that are:
- packaged in non-reusable, non-recyclable or excessive packaging
- made from substances that are harmful to the environment, the end user, or the workers who produce it
- disposable, if there is a good reusable alternative
- made from plastic or other products that are derived from petroleum
- made from genetically modified crops
We favor vendors who share our values. We consider the following:
- Does the vendor make an effort to minimize waste in the production, transportation and marketing of its products?
- Does the vendor engage in fair labor and fair trade practices?
- Does the vendor contribute to environmental or socially conscious causes?
- Is the vendor engaged in any dishonorable behavior?
If you are a vendor of a product that aligns with the Ecology Center Store mission and product policy, contact our Store Program Manager to discuss the potential of the Ecology Center carrying your product.