Announcement: THE STORE IS OPEN!!
We have missed our community, and are looking forward to seeing everyone in our store once again!
To ensure a safe shopping experience for all, we ask that our customers follow these guidelines when shopping at the Ecology Center Store.
Hours of Operation:
Wednesdays and Fridays from 11am-5pm
Saturdays from 10am-4pm
- Only 5 customers will be allowed in the Store at a time. A staff member will let you know when you can enter. We appreciate your patience while standing in line outside.
- Every customer must use the sanitization station at the entry of the store. Please apply sanitizer to your hands as well as your phone.
- It is required that you wear a mask when waiting in line, shopping, and during checkout.
- At the checkout counter, please stand behind the glass barrier. Cash, card, and Apple Pay are accepted. All sales are final.
Order Online, Pick Up at the Ecology Center Store
The Eco Store provides products that encourage environmentally and socially responsible lifestyle practices. The Eco Store stocks books, housewares, great green gifts, organic gardening supplies, toys, games, recycled paper products and glassware, organic fibers, and much more. Ecology Center Members always get discounts on books and merchandise.
At our store location in Berkeley, we host workshops and classes, as well as provide Free Fact Sheets, to support you in living your values of sustainability. Click here to view upcoming Workshops and Classes.
2530 San Pablo Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702
Phone: (510) 548-3402
We consider whether a particular product is:
- good for the environment or better than conventional alternatives
- made from sustainable, organically grown, or recycled materials
- affordable and durable
- reusable, repairable, biodegradable, or compostable
- compatible with sustainable practices or resource conservation
- reflective of multicultural values
- produced locally
We generally avoid products that are:
- packaged in non-reusable, non-recyclable or excessive packaging
- made from substances that are harmful to the environment, the end user, or the workers who produce it
- disposable, if there is a good reusable alternative
- made from plastic or other products that are derived from petroleum
- made from genetically modified crops
We favor vendors who share our values. We consider the following:
- Does the vendor make an effort to minimize waste in the production, transportation and marketing of its products?
- Does the vendor engage in fair labor and fair trade practices?
- Does the vendor contribute to environmental or socially conscious causes?
- Is the vendor engaged in any dishonorable behavior?
If you are a vendor of a product that aligns with the Ecology Center Store mission and product policy, contact our Store Program Manager to discuss the potential of the Ecology Center carrying your product.