Part-time; Non-exempt, on-call position
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position assists the Information Services Program Manager and staff with tasks associated with the Information Services Program, which includes the Library, EcoHouse, Help Desk, Hotline, EcoDirectory, EcoCalendar, and Ecology Center events. The Information Services Program Assistant is a part-time, on call position.
- Staff the Environmental Help Desk and field inquiries from the public via phone, email, walk-in, and events.
- Maintain information in our databases and lend assistance in keeping the EcoDirectory and EcoCalendar accurate and comprehensive.
- Maintain library, including adding books, checkout, past due calls, and inventory.
- Keep printed materials and displays in the Resource Center stocked, neatly organized, and displayed for effective use.
- Staff classes and evening events. Table at community events.
- Research and document projects as assigned.
- Prepare event flyers and assist with event publicity.
- Provide other assistance to the Information Services Program Manager or staff as needed.
- Exceptional accuracy and carefulness with the quality of one’s work, particularly with regard to data and information services provision
- Strong interest and knowledge of a broad spectrum of environmental topics, as well as urban, and equity issues
- Ability to work in a lively group atmosphere and contribute to the creation of a positive community space
- Experience working with the public, a friendly approach, and a clear communication style
- Ability to problem solve, particularly when staffing alone
- Punctual and on-time for work shifts. Dependable
- Proficiency with Mac computers, MS Office programs, web searches, and familiarity working with databases
- Experience working with Information Services and/or Ecology Center educational properties (eg. EcoCalendar, EcoDirectory)
- At least 2 years working in an office or nonprofit environment
On call, typically filling in during times when back-up staff is needed due to vacation, illness, or leave of regular staff. Schedule to be arranged.
$14.86 per hour. This position does not receive health benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
1) Complete application found at www.ecologycenter.org/jobs/ and
2) Send resume with cover letter to Amy Kiser at email@example.com
Application deadline: November 8, 2013.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!