Part-time; Non-exempt, on-call position
2 Positions Open
The Ecology Center
The Ecology Center is a 46-year-old nonprofit located in west Berkeley. Our mission is to inspire and build a sustainable, healthy, and just future for the East Bay, California, and beyond. The Ecology Center transforms the ideas of sustainability into everyday practice. We offer information you can act on, infrastructure you can count on, and leadership for lasting change. We are working toward a world of resilient communities, zero waste and toxics, equal access to healthy food, sustainable resource use, and a safe and stable climate.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Recycling Customer Service Assistant responds to customer requests for information and customer complaints by telephone and in person, and handles Recycling crew radio dispatch communications. The incumbent also assists the Recycling Director and Finance staff in performing a variety of administrative tasks related to payroll processing, weight reports, deposit processing, and other related activities.
- Receives and responds to requests from customers, drivers, customer service representatives, and supervisors, who are reporting information, problems, complaints, and seeking assistance.
- Inputs customer requests into the service call tracking system.
- Operates two-way radio and multi-line telephone to communicate with and receive and relay instructions from other personnel in a timely manner with accuracy.
- Maintains information boards in crew area to ensure effective communications with crew and office staff of daily crew and equipment activities.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the Recycling Director and Finance Staff including payroll processing, weight reports, deposit processing, and other related activities.
- Maintains records, logs, files and other documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with the public and enjoyment of it; a warm, friendly approach and a clear communication style.
- Ability to arrive on time and be reliable in attendance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Skill in inputting data into an automated system with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously verbally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications
- Interest in the Ecology Center’s work and the topics that we cover, including food & farming, waste & recycling, climate change, and equity issues.
Approximately 12 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged.
$12 to $13 per hour, depending on qualifications; this is a non-benefitted position
How to Apply:
- Complete application found at www.ecologycenter.org/jobs/
- Send resume with cover letter to Jackie Yep at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We value diversity. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA