- This event has passed.
Summer Sangrita: Farmers Market Cocktail Class with El Tesoro Tequila
Saturday | August 18, 2018 | 12:00 pm — 1:30 pm
Ferry Building | One Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA 94111
CUESA and El Tesoro® invite you to the CUESA Kitchen for an afternoon of farm-fresh cocktails in the heart of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. This hands-on cocktail focuses on the creation of a variety of seasonal sangritas (a palate cleanser native to Jalisco, Tequila’s homeland, meant to be sipped alongside the spirit).
You’ll receive hands-on instruction by a dynamic duo of cocktail professionals. Led by El Tesoro Brand Ambassador Luis Navarro and Elmer Mejicanos of Lillie Coit’s, this class blends the history and knowledge of industry vets with the tricks of the trade you can’t get anywhere else.
- Toast to the start of the class with a refreshing welcome cocktail highlighting El Tesoro hand-crafted tequila and learn about this spirit’s roots in sustainable agriculture
- Create a classic tequila accompaniment, most often found cocktail bars and restaurants, in your home and with a farmers market twist!
- Make three delicious sangrita versions customized to the season and to your taste
- Incorporate insider tips from experienced tequila bartenders to perfect the creation of craft cocktails from start to finish
- Meet your local farmers for an inside look at how to select the juiciest and most flavorful produce for your libations
- Snack on delicious, cocktail-friendly bites