- This event has passed.
Soda Tax Update and The Future of BUSD Nutrition Programs
Thursday | June 04, 2015 | 7:00 pm
Ecology Center | 2530 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94702
MomsRising and the Ecology Center are hosting an informal gathering of Berkeley parents and other interested folks to discuss the current state of Berkeley Unified School District’s nutrition programs and what people can do to support a strong nutrition program in the future.
There will be a panel discussion, followed by Q&A moderated by Ecology Center Executive Director Martin Bourque.
Panelists from City Council, the Healthy Child Coalition, and BUSD will address topics such as:
– Initial outcomes of Measure D soda tax revenues
– The impact of soda tax revenues on school nutrition programs
– BUSD’s current school nutrition funding proposals
– How to get involved and use your voice to impact BUSD budget decisions
– Top issues facing school nutrition programs across the district
Snacks and drinks will be provided. Come get informed and involved!
This event is wheelchair accessible.