- This event has passed.
Seeds Community Resolution Center’s: Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills Class
Wednesday | September 03, 2014 | 6:00 pm — Wednesday | December 17, 2014 | 9:00 pm
Berkeley Adult School | 1701 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94702
A 40 hour practical and hands on training class.
TOPICS AND SKILLS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- Communication Skills: Active listening, empathizing, asking clarifying questions, checking assumptions, identifying possible solutions.
- Conflict Styles: Identifying and dealing with different conflict styles.
- Culture & Cultural Identity: The impact race, ethnicity, gender, class, sexual orientation, education etc. have on conflicts.
- Mediation Skills: Maintaining impartiality and respect; identifying and framing issues; facilitating communication and negotiation; dealing with power dynamics, biases, feelings and assumptions.
- Model of Mediation: SEEDS Mediation model.
- Practice Sessions: Extensive mediation practice in small groups with coaching.
To receive this certificate you will be required to participate in all 15 sessions. Partial scholarships available.
Space is limited, register online.Visit Event Website >>
Please contact organizer for wheelchair accessibility information.