- This event has passed.
Resilient San Leandro
Saturday | October 13, 2018 | 11:00 am — 2:30 pm
San Leandro Senior Community Center | 13909 E 14th St, San Leandro, CA 94578
You already know about climate change, but what are you doing to prepare for it? Dryer, hotter weather is leading to longer wildfire seasons. Intense storms and sea level rise are increasing our flood risk. These are a few of the topics this event will cover at Resilient San Leandro, the City of San Leandro’s first-ever public event to discuss climate change and its impacts.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Peter Bryan, Golden State Warriors
The Warriors’ new Chase Center, along the San Francisco Bay shoreline, is being planned to help Dub Nation thrive in the face of rising sea levels. Peter Bryan, Vice President of Construction and Development, will discuss how the new Warriors arena in San Francisco will keep Golden State cool and green.
Join the City of San Leandro for a day of discussion and interactive workshops, where we will hear from experts in the field of environmental resilience and see examples of community members working to make a difference right in San Leandro.
rWorkshop solutions with community partners offering sessions in the afternoon:
- Lawn to Garden | StopWaste
- Restoring Our Local Creeks | Friends of San Leandro Creek
- Your Local Provider for Clean Power | East Bay Community Energy (EBCE)
- Food Security and Reduced Waste | Community Impact LAB and StopWaste
- Emergency Preparedness at Home | Community Impact LAB and FEMA
- Prepare Together for Urban Wildfire | Alameda County Fire Department
- Wetland Treatment and Restoration | City of San Leandro Public Works
This event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. Childcare as well as translation services in Spanish and Cantonese are available upon request.
To learn more, visit www.sanleandro.org/resilientSL.Visit Event Website >>