- This event has passed.
Landscape Maintenance Qualification Training
Thursday | September 19, 2019 | 8:30 am — 4:30 pm
Oakland Housing Authority | 935 Union St, Oakland, CA 94607
ReScape California’s Landscape Training & Qualification Program launched in 2007 as the “Bay Friendly Training & Qualification Program.” Since then the training has grown and evolved, including merging with EcoLandscape California’s Green Gardener Pro training program in 2017. The combined programs have graduated over 2,000 experienced landscape professionals who are putting regenerative landscaping practices to work every day.
Based on ReScape’s 8 Principles, this training provides landscape maintenance professionals with practical tools to manage healthy landscapes, protect local watersheds, and address our changing climate. Learn about regenerative landscape practices from leading experts in soil health, irrigation, plant care, integrated pest management, and more.
The Maintenance Qualification Training is offered as a 4-day course, including a half-day practicum in the field. The course provides landscape maintenance professionals with:
- Techniques to reduce the cost of maintenance, chemical inputs, water and energy
- Training from industry experts about Integrated Pest Management, firescaping, irrigation, soil health and water conservation
- Methods to support regenerative landscapes like using recycled/salvaged materials, selecting plants for local conditions, and sourcing local products
- Hands-on experience in sheet mulching, soil sampling, managing leaf debris and irrigation maintenance
- Understanding of ReScape Rated Landscape scoring system and ReScape’s whole systems approach to landscape management
- Competitive advantage as a ReScape Qualified Professional upon completion of the training
- Complimentary one year ReScape Qualified Professional membership with optional listing in our Professional Directory, attracting new business
- Requirements for meeting continuing education units for applicator licenses
Visit Event Website >>