- This event has passed.
Grant Writing: It Doesn’t Have to Be Stressful To Be Successful
Monday | February 25, 2019 | 11:00 am — 12:30 pm
Writing effective grants is part craft, part discipline, and requires self-awareness at both an individual and organizational level. Grant writing can be a stressful endeavor – especially when we’re juggling deadlines and family commitments. To succeed in creating a beautiful grant proposal (and world), it’s critical that we also create an empowering context for ourselves to do the work.
In this webinar, you’ll explore the fundamentals of writing successful grant proposals while living a good life at the same time. Participants will learn:
Keys for Writing Winning Grant Applications
– Anatomy of a grant proposal: what you need to include
– Engaging language and formatting that gets funders’ attention
– How to differentiate yourself from the other candidates
Before And After The Proposal: What You Need To Do
– Pre-proposal contact: do you need it, and if so, when?
– Strategies for developing your credibility as an applicant
– When and how to follow up with a proposal
– What to do if your proposal is denied
Getting The Grant: Key Strategies That Work
– How to identify the intent of the funding source and their priorities
– Keys to develop productive relationships with funders
– Common grant writing pitfalls and how to avoid them
About This Webinar:
This free, interactive webinar is limited to 100 participants, so please register early! If all spaces are filled, you will still be able to watch a live broadcast of this event on the Transition US Facebook page. However, only those who have registered in advance will be able to participate in polls and ask questions of the speaker.
Jana Hexter has raised over $70 million and written well over 150 successful proposals for a wide variety of non-profit organizations throughout the nation. She teaches an online in-depth 8-week course using this approach to grant writing called The GrantWriter’s Wellstarting in January, March, and September. She also offers a plethora of free resources at GrantsChampion.com, such as an Online Grant Writing Self-Assessment Quiz, a gift copy of Jana’s acclaimed book, Grant Writing Revealed: 25 Experts Share Their Art, Science, and Secrets, and a meditation series, the 11 Guiding Questions for Conscious Grant Writing.Visit Event Website >>