- This event has passed.
Disability and Climate Change
Thursday | July 20, 2017 | 5:30 pm — 8:00 pm
Ed Roberts Campus | 3075 Adeline Street, Berkeley, CA 94703
Sponsored by CA Department of Public Health’s Climate Change and Health Equity Program
The World Institute on Disability is hosting a workshop looking at the connection between climate change and disability. Join us as we learn more and prepare for the future!
“Preparing for the Future” will include
· Learn the basics of climate change and how it will affect the world, from storms to drought to rising tides.
· Explore the connection between climate change and disability: What does it mean for this community?
· Discover opportunities for change: what can we do as individuals and as a movement?
· Connect with other attendees to truly make a difference!
· Focus on our New Earth Disability Initiative www.WID.org/ned
Snacks and food will be provided at the workshop from 5-5:30 PM; join us for food and a little meet-and-greet!
Register and request accommodations at http://bit.ly/ClimateDisabilityWorkshopVisit Event Website >>