- This event has passed.
Dia de los Muertos Celebration at the South Berkeley Farmers’ Market
Tuesday | October 29, 2019 | 2:30 pm — 6:30 pm
Berkeley Farmers’ Market, Tuesday | Adeline and Alcatraz, Berkeley, CA
Our annual Day of the Dead celebration is a family-friendly, activity-packed, community event at the South Berkeley Farmers’ Market. Come join us for a great family friendly day!
- Traditional Dia de los Muertos Altar hosted by BAHIA – bring something to leave at the altar – a poem, a picture, a gift
- Live Mariachi Band
- Face Painting
- Clay sugar skull decorating
- Papel Picado paper cut-out activity
- Mask making and other crafts for kids and family
- Costume Contest – wear your Halloween costume and you might win a basket of farmers’ markets goodies!
- A bounty of fresh and organic Harvest vegetables at the market
- 2:30 – 6:30 pm: Ofrenda
- 2:30 – 6:30 pm: Papal Picado
- 2:30 – 6:30 pm: Face Painting (traditional)
- 2:30 – 6:30 pm: Sugar Skull decorating (clay)
- 2:30 – 6:30 pm: Clay Mask Making
- 2:30 – 6:30 pm: Tamales
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm: Scary Story Time & Book Bike
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm: Mariela’s Music Time
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm: Costume Judging
- 5:00 pm: Mariela’s Music Time
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm: Mariachi Luz de Oro
Cost: FREEEvent Phone: 9254219574
Event Email: email@example.com
Please contact organizer for wheelchair accessibility information.