Join Bay Area Green Tours, 501(c)3, for an inspiring and immersive pre-conference tour March 27, 2024 in the beautiful San Francisco Bay. Bay Area Green Tours has again teamed up with the 35th Annual Bioneers Conference to present the Urban Foodscape Tour: Innovators Nourishing the East Bay. Be part of this pre-conference event and discover groundbreaking solutions happening in the East Bay for urban farming, workforce development, the climate crisis, and food justice.
Enjoy a full-day experience visiting regenerative social enterprises. Tour behind-the-scenes at a working urban farm, a worker-owned restaurant collective, a sustainable rooftop flower farm and more! See how food justice, education, and job training can help nurture the soil and living wage jobs. This day-long guided experience will visit Alameda, Berkeley, and Oakland to witness unique East Bay solutions to workforce development, the climate crisis, and food access inequality.
All transportation, guides, speakers, and lunch are included.Tour price includes transportation, friendly guides, engaging speakers, and a delicious locally-sourced lunch.
We encourage you to include this inspiring tour as part of your overall Bioneers Conference experience, though conference attendance is not required to join the tour!
- A locally-sourced catered lunch will be provided
- Learn more about Bay Area Green Tours on their website or send them an email at email@example.com.
Bioneers incurs significant expenses prior to the event. Therefore it is necessary that we maintain the following refund and cancellation policy:
- Tickets are 100% refundable for 30 days after purchase unless tickets are purchased within 30 days of the event as noted below. We will refund 50% of your ticket for cancellations within 31-60 days after purchase. NO refunds after 60 days from purchase.
- Cancellations or refunds requested within 30 days of the event (March 26, 2024) will not be refunded for any reason, even if bought less than 30 days prior. The last day to request a full refund is February 26, 2024. The last day to request a 50% refund is February 26, 2024.
- No-shows will not be refunded for any reason. No exceptions.
- Bioneers reserves the right to refuse service.
Special Session Hosted by the Ecology Center on Saturday, March 30th 4:45pm – 6 :00pm .
Since the “Back to the Land” movement and the Free Breakfast Program of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense in the 1960s and 70s, food-based movements have continued to evolve and chart new territory thanks to dedicated generations of leaders. In this session, some visionary contemporary food equity luminaries will discuss their projects and analyses and share their experiences and insights. We will hear about how to forge structural solutions for building systemic change through pilot programs, community building, and political advocacy; learn about innovations and successes in production and distribution at local and national scales; and come away with an overarching picture of how food activists are collaborating to build a healthy, sustainable, and just food system for all. We will leave feeling informed, activated, and inspired to make change. Moderated/hosted by Martin Bourque, Executive Director, Ecology Center. With: Minni Forman, Food and Farming Director, Ecology Center; Xavier Morales, Executive Director of The Praxis Project; Miguel Villarreal, Interim Co-Executive Director, National Farm to School Network.