2019 Golden Gate Chapter Scion Exchange
Saturday | January 19, 2019 | 12:00 pm — 3:00 pm
Diablo Valley College, Horticulture Dept, Building OH | 321 Golf Club Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
Find the best varieties for growing your own fruit; discover local favorites and near-forgotten heirlooms
• Hundreds of varieties of budwood for grafting: apple, pear, quince, plum, peach, nectarine, apricot, cherry, and more
• Cuttings to root: grape, fig, pomegranate, kiwi fruit, mulberry, and more
• Rootstocks and grafting supplies
• Grafting class and demo
• Custom and assisted grafting of your selected variety onto a rootstock
• Plant drawing; silent auction
• Questions answered, secrets revealed, beginners welcome
• Bring your list of desired varieties, plastic bags, a pen, and tape to label the scions you take home
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- How to get there
- What is a “Scion Exchange”?
- What Should You Bring?
- How Do You Prepare and Store Scion Wood?
- Making the Best of the Scion Exchange – What to Bring, How to Choose Varieties, What to do with the Scions
- Labels for Scions You Bring to the Exchange
- Other Scion Exchanges
- Videos Explaining More About Scion Exchanges
- Poster of event (in Adobe PDF format). Please display everywhere.