The clock is ticking for our climate, and for leaders to take action at talks in Paris this December. One strategy is to put a price on carbon pollution – and carbon pricing efforts are already underway at the state and national level. Join us for an educational forum on how carbon pricing can help solve the climate crisis. You’ll learn about proposals such as a carbon tax, cap and trade, and other market-based solutions that can move us toward a clean energy economy. Get informed and inspired about practical, nonpartisan solutions. This free event will be at the David Brower Center, at 7pm on Monday, November 2nd. Click here for more details.
- Peter Barnes – Co-founder of Working Assets
- Dr. Linda Dismore (Diz) Swift – League of Women Voters, creator of priceoncarbon.org
- Derek Walker – Environmental Defense Fund
- Elyce Klein – Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Laurie Williams – Environmental Attorney
This free, wheelchair-accessible event is sponsored by the League of Women Voters, Berkeley Climate Action Coalition, Citizens’ Climate Lobby, Ecology Center and David Brower Center.