Join the Berkeley Climate Action Coalition, the David Brower Center, Ecology Center, and City of Berkeley at a panel discussion on Community Choice Energy. Learn about Alameda County’s plans to create a non-profit Community Choice Energy program with the potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, create green jobs and provide stable electricity rates for Berkeley and other Alameda County communities. We’ll hear from panelists with experience in creating existing Community Choice programs in Sonoma and Marin Counties that offer an alternative to PG&E.
- Shawn Marshall, Executive Director of LEAN Energy, former mayor of Mill Valley and former vice-chair of Marin Clean Energy
- Jess Dervin-Ackerman, Conservation Program Manager, Sierra Club, SF Bay Chapter, Steering Committee member East Bay Clean Power Alliance
- Woody Hastings, Renewable Energy Implementation Manager at Center for Climate Protection and lead organizer for Community Choice in Sonoma County
- Luis Amezcua, Community Choice Energy Working Group, Berkeley Climate Action Coalition, Steering Committee member East Bay Clean Power Alliance
- Moderator: Kira Stoll, Sustainability Manager, UC Berkeley