Festivities are coming! We’re bringing a line up of craft workshops, celebrations, and special member events this December. Also with the holiday this week, our programs will run on a special schedule, with the Farmers’ Market, Recycling and Store closed to observe Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 28.
We’re excited to share these events to celebrate the season, and find ways to waste less and support local economies in holiday giving:
- Friday, November 29 – Tuesday, December 24: Winter Coat Drive We’re collecting gently used coats and jackets to donate to Building Opportunities for Self Sufficiency (BOSS). They will distribute to their homeless and recently homeless clients, to stay warm this winter. Sort through your closets and bring them during our open hours, Tuesday – Sunday, 11 AM – 6 PM.
- Saturdays, December 7, 14 and 21: Farmers’ Market Holiday Crafts Fair Adjacent to the Saturday Farmers’ Market, this crafts fair features local artisans with a variety of useful and beautiful items. 10 – 4 PM each Saturday. Click here for more details.
- Saturday, December 7: Making Gifts from Reuse Materials A fun-filled, easy workshop where you can turn your piles of “stuff” into gifts and useful items you can use everyday. 1 – 4 PM. Click here for more details and to sign up.
- Sunday, December 8: Member Sale and Walking Tour Our annual sale for Ecology Center members will also feature a neighborhood walking tour of Cultured Pickle Shop, Morell’s Bread and Coracao Confections, all vendors at our Farmers’ Market. Sale is 11 AM – 6 PM, tour is 12 – 3 PM, both are free for members. Click here for more details and to sign up.
- Friday, December 13: 2530 San Pablo Holiday Open House The second building-wide open house will bring festivities to our halls. Raffle, food, drinks and friends from the Yoga Room, Sierra Club, Golden Gate Audubon and more. 5 – 8 PM.
- Sunday, December 15: DIY Holiday Decor Spend a relaxed afternoon making wrapping paper, ornaments, and more with recycled and reused materials. All ages can enjoy bringing home some home-made flair! 1 – 4 PM. Click here for more details and to sign up.
This web page is outdated. Are these 2016 dates?