We’re getting ready for a week of quiet for our programs. This year’s break is bringing us more new things than just the New Year – we’re replacing our carpet in our Store on San Pablo. Fingers crossed that it all goes well, and we’ll be sure to update our carpet options blog post based on our experience. We hope you recycle your way into the New Year, and visit our Store, Farmers’ Markets, and Farm Fresh Choice stands in January! The full holiday schedule for our programs is as follows:
- Tuesday South Berkeley Market: closed 12/25/12 and 1/1/13.
- Wednesday Albany Market: last market for the season was 11/21/12.
- Thursday North Berkeley Market: closed 12/27/12.
- Saturday Downtown Berkeley Market: closed 12/29/12.
Farm Fresh Choice
- Produce stands will be closed on 12/25/12 and 1/1/13.
- Week of Christmas: no pick up on Tuesday, 12/25/12, pick up shifted one day later than regular pick up day for remainder of week.
- Week of New Years: no pick up on Tuesday, 1/1/13, pick up shifted one day later than regular pick up day for remainder of week.
- Open on Monday, 12/24/12 from 11 AM – 4 PM, and closed from Tuesday, 12/25/12 – Wednesday, 1/2/13.
- Regular hours resume Thursday, 1/3/13.
I wish that the Ecology Center would post accurate information about the recycling pick up.
Our usual pick up day is Friday. According to this blog entry, this week’s pick up was supposed to be on Friday due to the New Year’s holiday.
It is now Friday at about 1 pm. The Ecology Center’s truck just came by to pick up the recycling.
How is anyone supposed to know when to leave their recycling out, if the posted information is inaccurate?
Edit, the pick up was supposed to be on Saturday.
City of Berkeley refuse drivers as well as ours will sometimes collect materials ahead of schedule on holiday shortened weeks. Our drivers may pass through a day ahead and collect what they see at the curb, BUT they are required to make another pass on the following day to get all of the rest. If you have any issues with your recycling pick up, please call our Recycling hotline at (510) 527-5555.