- Be on the forefront of recognizing, identifying, and understanding California’s vast and diverse native flora.
– Get in-depth experience with native plants, building a framework for identifying our flora.
– Be a keen observer of flowers, shrubs, and trees.
– Embrace the similarities and differences of important plant families.
– Learn how to recognize plants through the season.
This master class will prepare you for field work and provide you with a deep understanding of California’s amazing native plants. During the program, you will learn the key features of 65 major genera and species in those families, and practice the art and science of identification through the keying process. Classes held in various bio-regions of Northern California.
Offered by the East Bay Regional Parks / Friends of the Regional Parks Botanic Garden