Summary of Responsibilities
The Education & Engagement Program Manager develops educational opportunities and services with the goal of fostering an informed, motivated, and resilient population that is moving both individually and collectively toward a more sustainable future. This position manages the Ecology Center’s classes and educational events, EcoHouse demonstration home and garden, environmental help desk and hotline, and database-dependent services. The EE Program Manager also supervises support staff and volunteers that help fulfill programmatic goals.
Primary Responsibilities of the Education and Engagement Program Manager
- Develop plans, policies, goals, and objectives for EE Program.
- Develop and monitor departmental budget and prepare program reports as needed.
- Work with fundraising staff to seek grants and other funding for EE services and activities.
- Oversee the operations of the EE Program, utilizing volunteers and staff.
- Hire, train, supervise, and conduct performance evaluations for EE program staff.
- Ensure that EE staff, volunteers, and contractors comply with organizational polices and procedures.
- Manage the development, procedures, and promotion of the EE’s database-driven properties.
- Oversee the work of staff and volunteers who maintain the database-driven properties.
- Track the public use of EE services, including help desk, hotline, library, calendar, and directory.
- Oversee the upkeep of the library to assure items are well organized, relevant, and accessible.
- Manage library inventory and acquisitions.
- Develop, coordinate, schedule, and staff a roster of public classes, tour, and events that fulfill EC’s strategic directives.
- Oversee tabling and educational outreach at selectively chosen events.
- Cultivate a stable of contract-based educators to present to schools, organizations, and community groups on core EC topics.
- Develop EcoHouse educational offerings and features, in partnership with other staff.
- Be first point of contact for Ecohouse tenant(s) regarding events, repairs, and other issues.
- Hire and manage contractors to maintain, repair, and improve EcoHouse, garden, and features.
- Continually develop knowledge base of environmental issues and the Bay Area community for self and staff.
- Staff Help Desk and Hotline to respond to public inquiries for information.
- Create educational content such as fact sheets, displays, blog posts, and position statements.
- Represent the Ecology Center to outside agencies, customers, members, and the public.
- Participate in Ecology Center campaigns.
- Broad knowledge of current environmental issues, particularly in the Ecology Center’s areas of interest and expertise: food & farming, waste & recycling, toxics, and climate change.
- Broad knowledge of and relationships within local Bay Area community, including nonprofits, agencies, City government, and resources pertinent to our work.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, research skills, and critical thinking skills.
- Event planning and promotion experience, particularly educational events.
- Experience and high proficiency with computers (Mac); databases (Filemaker Pro); bulk email software (Constant Contact); and web content management (WordPress).
- Supervisory and project management experience, including budgeting and contractor relations.
- Experience working with the public and excellent “people” skills, including conflict management and a warm, friendly approach.
- Excellent, clear, accessible written and verbal communication style; ability to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to motivate and retain staff.
- Strong networking and group collaboration abilities
- Ability to develop and document lean, efficient processes.
- Experience participating in a campaign; advocacy or organizing
Minimum 35 hours per week; time may be spent off-site for events and tours
Competitive annual salary, plus medical, dental benefits, vacation & holiday leave, 401k plan
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete application found at www.ecologycenter.org/jobs/ and
- Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com
March 21, 2014.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We value diversity. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA