Part-time, non-exempt (18 hours per week)
Summary of Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant serves as the first line of engagement at our public space, directing visitors and assisting the public with their requests and needs. This position provides office and facilities support to Ecology Center staff, coordinates volunteers, and supports the operations of the Education and Engagement Program. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Education and Engagement Program Manager.
Primary Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Reception; greet and direct visitors.
- Direct incoming calls, emails, and mail.
- Serve as Store backup (runs register) during breaks and other occasions.
- Maintain office machines.
- Record and maintain staff records and forms: policies, phone list, calendars, workers’ comp, etc.
- Keep brochures and materials stocked; organize, maintain, and order office supplies.
- Assist with volunteer coordination.
- Compile board reports; acquire food and prepare materials for board meetings.
- Maintain library and place reminder calls.
- Prepare entries for EcoCalendar (data entry).
- Maintain jobs binder and seed library.
- Staff occasional events; table outside events for the Ecology Center, as needed.
- Maintain, order & stock kitchen, events closet, and brochure/materials storage.
- Upkeep fire extinguishers, first aid, and emergency packs.
- Participate in Ecology Center campaigns.
- Experience working with the public and enjoyment of it; a warm, friendly approach and a clear communication style.
- Exceptional accuracy and carefulness with the quality of one’s work, particularly with regard to data.
- Strong organization skills, including a drive to make spaces organized, attractive, and efficient.
- Ability to work in a lively group atmosphere and contribute to the creation of a positive community space.
- Punctual and on-time for work shifts. Dependable and responsive to deadlines.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Not afraid to learn about and troubleshoot office machines.
- Interest in the Ecology Center’s work and the topics that we cover, including food & farming, waste & recycling, climate change, and equity issues.
Approximately 18 hours per week, mostly in office. Some scheduling flexibility required, when event staffing needed (typically Wednesday or Thursday evenings) Schedule to be arranged.
$14.75 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete application found at www.ecologycenter.org/jobs/ and
- Send resume with cover letter to Amy Kiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: March 21, 2014.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We value diversity. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA