Yosemite Rim Fire Spring 2014 Forecast: Repair, Restore and Renew
The Yosemite Rim Fire of 2013 was the largest fire in Yosemite’s history. The fire impacted communities, homes, water resources and other public and private lands and properties. Compounding the fire damage, the winter rains and snow create more erosion and more damage to the already scorched earth, forest, meadows, river systems, watersheds, local economies and businesses. Four experienced experts, Carlin, Cope, Litehiser and Wesselman, will discuss what happens next. They will address the difficulties, major concerns and the path forward to recovery and restoration – a pathway for renewal for all of us who cherish this wondrous and treasured environment.
- Michael Carlin, Deputy General Manager, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
- Larry Cope, Director of Economic Development, Tuolumne County Economic Development Authority
- Joe Litehiser, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Bechtel Corp.; President, Friends of Camp Mather
- John Amodio, Member, Tuolumne River Trust Board of Directors
Time: 5:30 p.m. networking reception, 6 p.m. program, 7 p.m. book signing.
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: