Workshop and Field Day: Soils and Soil Fertility Management
This event has passed.
The following topics will be covered in a presentation format with Q and A, followed by in-field demonstrations and discussion:
- Cation Exchange Capacity defined
- Basics of reading and interpreting soil tests
- Nutrient cycling in organic systems/nitrogen budgeting
- Soil microbiology
- Soil management strategies for optimum plant and soil health
- Cover cropping and compost
- Soil pH & appropriate amendments
Targeted to beginning farmers and ranchers, this workshop will be followed by two other workshops early next year: Irrigation Management and Tools and Techniques for Effective Weed Management
The three workshops are designed to work as a series but can also be taken as single sessions. All are focused on diversified farming systems and agro-ecological practices.
- Event Phone:
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: