Volunteer: National Public Lands Day
Help us celebrate our priceless open space on National Public Lands Day by lending a hand on projects ranging from, habitat restoration, weeding and vegetation management, or growing plants in one of our native plant nurseries. Enjoy some time in the Golden Gate National Parks while making a difference. Bring your family and friends.
- Fort Funston Nursery, San Francisco, 9:30 am–12:30 pm
- Presidio Shoreline Maintenance, Presidio of San Francisco, 9 am–noon
- Park Stewardship San Francisco, Lands End, 1–4 pm
- Presidio Nursery, Presidio of San Francisco, 1–4 pm
- Presidio Park Stewards, Presidio of San Francisco, 9 am-noon
- Park Stewardship San Mateo, Mori Point, 10 am-1pm
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF)for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: