- This event has passed.
UC Davis Extension Online Class: Green Building Materials and Construction Methods
Monday | August 11, 2014 — Monday | September 15, 2014
online class |
Learn to implement green building practices into homes, apartments, business complexes and office buildings. Utilize materials and techniques that promote healthy, durable and environmentally-responsible construction. Increase your understanding of helpful tools and resources, including green building rating systems. Hands-on exercises provide innovative solutions you can put to immediate use.
Discover the latest and best green construction methods changing the landscape of the building industry. Explore life-cycle assessment methods of materials and be a better-informed designer or builder when selecting materials.
Examine sustainable construction methods used in today’s green commercial and residential buildings in relation to their energy and environmental impacts and benefits. Topics include:
- the desirable characteristics of sustainable materials and how to assess and quantify them
- the concept of “cradle-to-cradle” product analysis and its application to building materials
- sustainable site design materials and landscaping systems
- alternative structural systems (including adobe, strawbale and rammed earth)
- salvaged materials and material reduction
- building commissioning and modular systems and design
- construction and demolition waste diversion
Enroll now through August 11th and complete by September 15th. Passwords issued August 11th.
Visit Event Website >>
Please contact organizer for wheelchair accessibility information.