Ecology Center Event
The Greened House Effect: Renovating Your Home with a Deep Energy Retrofit
What happens when you slash your energy bills by 50%-90% or more with a process called a Deep Energy Retrofit? You save money, of course, but you also make your older home a more comfortable and healthier place to live. At the same time, Deep Energy Retrofits have a positive effect on the wider problems of our Economy, Environment, and Energy Security.
Please join HGTV and diy network host Jeff Wilson for a multimedia presentation on how his family completed a Deep Energy Retrofit on their 70 year old home and reduced their energy bills by 85%, bringing their old, drafty home into the 21st century.
Jeff will go over:
· Testing the energy efficiency of your home and learning where improvements need to be made;
· Dealing with local building codes and regulations;
· Financing and paying for a DER;
· Major components of the DER, such as roofs, exterior walls, basements, and whole house systems; and
· Details of home-scale renewable energy options to complement the DER, including passive and active solar systems.
Co-sponsored by Transition Berkeley. Copies of the book will be available to purchase.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: