September Harvest Tasting
Come taste honey, homemade cheese, kombucha, and more! Pet chickens, take a free urban farming workshop, & vote on the best East Bay honey! Kids welcome.
Get inspiration to start (or expand!) your backyard urban farm by attending one of our free demos or workshops:
- 1pm — What You Need to Start a Beehive in Your Backyard with BioFuel Oasis co-owner Jennifer Radtke. Attend this short intro workshop to beekeeping!
- 2pm — Edible Plants that Make Your Garden Beautiful by Stefani Bittner, co-founder of Star Apple Edible landscape design and co-author of The Beautiful Edible Gardens
- 3pm — Backyard Chickens – How to Get Started (with time for questions from experienced chicken owners too!) by Novella Carpenter, author of Farm City and the Essential Urban Farmer
- 4:30pm — How to Start Making Your Own Kombucha Demo with Nishanga Bliss. Bring a jar and lid if you want to go home with a free scoby to get started. Whether you are new or experienced to fermentation, come and learn the tips and tricks to make kombucha easily.
2013 Best East Bay Honey Contest
Come try a unique mix of honeys from East Bay beekeepers and vote for your favorite! See our Website for instructions on entering your honey: http://biofueloasis.com/products/2013harvest-tasting/
2013 Cutest Urban Farm Photo
Vote for the cutest photo involving an urban farm! To enter, please email a photo by Monday, September 16th at 7pm.
Homemade Food to Try
We will have tastings of homemade food we’ve made to inspire you to ferment and experiment! We’ll have tastes of kombucha, mead, cheese, and baked goods with honey.
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: