Seeds Community Resolution Center’s: Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills Class
This event has passed.
A 40 hour practical and hands on training class.
TOPICS AND SKILLS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- Communication Skills: Active listening, empathizing, asking clarifying questions, checking assumptions, identifying possible solutions.
- Conflict Styles: Identifying and dealing with different conflict styles.
- Culture & Cultural Identity: The impact race, ethnicity, gender, class, sexual orientation, education etc. have on conflicts.
- Mediation Skills: Maintaining impartiality and respect; identifying and framing issues; facilitating communication and negotiation; dealing with power dynamics, biases, feelings and assumptions.
- Model of Mediation: SEEDS Mediation model.
- Practice Sessions: Extensive mediation practice in small groups with coaching.
To receive this certificate you will be required to participate in all 15 sessions. Partial scholarships available.
Space is limited, register online.
- Event Phone:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: