- This event has passed.
Save The Frogs Day Celebration
Saturday | April 26, 2014 | 2:30 pm — 9:00 pm
Save The Frogs Education Center | 2524 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94702
Conceived and coordinated by Save The Frogs!, Save The Frogs Day is the world’s largest day of amphibian action and conservation action. We look forward to celebrating amphibians with you at the Save The Frogs! Education Center in Berkeley! We will have presentations on amphibian conservation; activities for kids; amazing frog art on display; live music and a whole lot of fun.
Save The Frogs! ecologists Dr. Kerry Kriger and Michael Starkey will be presenting, and we will be joined via a live internet feed by special guest Nurul Islam of Save The Frogs! Bangladesh, who will tell us about his group’s Save The Frogs Day successes. Nurul’s team received a $2,680 Save The Frogs Day Award and is coordinating 5 major Save The Frogs Day events across Bangladesh.
- 1pm – 2pm Press Hour (All news reporters welcome)
- 2:30pm – 4:30pm: Kids Activities (Presentations and Art Workshop)
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm: Meet & Greet with Wine and Beer
- 5:30pm – 6pm: Presentation by Michael Starkey (Frogs Of The World)
- 6:30pm – 7pm: Presentation by Dr. Kerry Kriger (A Brief History of Save The Frogs Day)
- 7pm – 7:15pm: Presentation by Nurul Islam of Save The Frogs! Bangladesh
- 8pm til late: Live Music by Dr. Kerry Kriger and frog-loving friends