Sacred Mountains of the Bay Area: Inhabiting Home through Science and Spirit
Earth Medicine Alliance 4th Annual Conference.
Living in earth-honoring ways calls for an integrated approach to ecology, human culture, and relationship with the Sacred. If you live in the Bay Area, chances are you (like eight million others) live between the waters of the Estuary and a ring of mountains: Mt Tamalpais and Mt St Helena in the North, Mt Diablo in the East, Mt Hamilton and Mt Umunhum in the South Bay, and San Bruno Mountain just south of San Francisco.
How can relating in conscious ways with these mountains increase your sense of home and place and also nourish your human relationships and inner life? On Sat, Oct 26th (Day One) over 15 distinguished presenters will guide our approach to the mountains from five disciplines:
• Natural science (including local geology, flora, and fauna)
• Bay Area human culture past and present
• Storytelling and creative expression
• Public policy and advocacy (including protection of local sacred sites)
• Spiritual practice focused on relating with mountains.
On Day Two you’ll have the opportunity to participate in smaller breakout rituals and other guided teachings on several of the local mountains.
- Event Phone:
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: