- This event has passed.
Refinery Corridor Healing Walk
Saturday | May 17, 2014 | 8:15 am
Location in Martinez, CA
• Walk in prayer with each step we take on Mother Earth
• Bring people together who are concerned about the effects of the fossil fuel industry on our communities
• Learn from one another
• Bring attention to the refinery corridor in the northeast San Francisco Bay
• Imagine our communities beyond fossil fuel
There is a long history of healing walks and runs in Native America, as well as the history of pilgrimages in different religious traditions. The Connect the Dots healing walks were inspired by these traditions.
Walk 2 — Come walk with us as we cross the Benicia-Martinez Bridge over the Carquinez Strait!
Opening Rally in Martinez – morning
• Native American prayer by Idle No More SF Bay
• Local speakers
Ending Rally in Benicia – Afternoon
• Process of Imagining: The future of our community
• Art Project
Two Important Considerations
1) Please bring your own lunch and snacks. Lunch will not be provided.
2) At whatever point you decide to leave, you need to provide your own transportation back home.
Details and registration online.Visit Event Website >>
Please contact organizer for wheelchair accessibility information.