One Small Planet: Climate Action as Practice
Engage the climate crisis. Make it your practice.
This is an online workshop and support group for people who want to take action on climate change.The workshop begins on Monday, March 17 and runs for six weeks.
Bring your courage and your open mind as together we explore how we can step into action on climate in a way that is sustainable, guilt-free and creative. The challenge of addressing climate change is that the issue is overwhelming. This workshop will help make it approachable.
Each week we will try a different “practice” for engaging the climate crisis. During weekly check-ins we will share how the practice went that week.
Each person will also work on defining their own climate “engagement project.” By the end of the six weeks you will have defined your own plan for engaging the climate crisis in a way that works for you.
Week One: Awareness of the Crisis
Week Two: Practice in Nature
Week Three: Practice with Footprints
Week Four: Practice Taking Action
Week Five: Practice Compassion for Victims of Climate Change
Week Six: Sustaining and Continuing Climate Action Practices
How it Works
- Weekly hour long facilitated conference call
- Commit to a daily (or 5 days a week) 20 minute practice with that week’s area of focus
- You will be encouraged to log or journal your practice experience
- You will have access to exercises, resources and tools to support your exploration
- Cost: If you like you can offer a donation upon completion of the workshop.
For more information contact class facilitator, Kerry Nelson by email or sign up for the workshop online.
Weekly meetings will be held Mondays, March 17-April 28 at a time to be determined (no meeting April 7).
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: