Martin Luther King Jr. National Day of Service – Richmond Greenway Bioswale
Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service with the Watershed Project!
In 1994 Congress designated Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a national day of volunteer service.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. sought to forge the common ground on which people from all walks of life could join together to address important community issues. The King Day of Service brings together people who might not ordinarily meet, breaks down barriers that have divided us in the past, leads to better understanding and ongoing relationships.
On January 20, 2014, Americans across the country will once again honor his legacy by taking part in a wide range of service projects.
Come out with your family, friends, and neighbors and join us in making a difference in Richmond. Be a part of this festive and inspirational event!
9am-12pm: Volunteer Projects:
- Plant native trees and landscape along the Greenway
- Enjoy our native plant and urban garden
- Learn about our most recent bioswale
- Clear the Greenway of trash
12pm-2pm: MLK Remembrance Ceremony, lunch, and entertainment
- Free refreshments will be provided for nourishment!
- We will provide tools and gloves. If you have your own pair of gloves please bring them so everyone gets a chance to pitch in.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle.
- Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy closed-toe shoes.
- Let us know if your party has multiple people.
- Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Valid for Community Service hours.
We look forward to seeing you at Richmond Greenway Bioswale!
Please email for more information or questions.
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: