Lyford House Tour
Lyford House, the yellow Victorian on the shores of Richardson Bay at the Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary, will be open for visitors one Saturday per month for five months beginning June 8, 2013. See the inside of the historic 1876 Victorian house that was moved from the Strawberry Peninsula to the present location in 1957.
Lyford House was originally the home of Dr. Benjamin Lyford and his wife Hilarita and was located at Strawberry Point on land that Hilarita had inherited from her father, John Reed, holder of the Mexican Land Grant that included the Tiburon Peninsula. In 1957, local conservationists saved the house from demolition and had it transferred by barge from Strawberry to its current location on Greenwood Beach Road in Tiburon. It was deeded to the Audubon Society in 1961 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: