- This event has passed.
Green Stuff Summer Camp, Kids Ages: 8-10
Monday | June 23, 2014 | 9:00 am — Monday | August 11, 2014 | 2:00 pm
University of California Botanical Garden | 200 Centennial Drive, Berkeley, CA 94720
Every year from mid-June to mid-August the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden’s Education Program offers Green Stuff, a fun hands-on science day camp for children ages 5 to 10. Examples of activities campers might do include:
- Go on a five senses tour of the Garden
- Learn about amazing plant adaptations and habitat diversity
- Taste foods growing in our Crops of the World garden
- Become a young botanist and see plant parts up close under microscopes
- Experiment with growing your own seedlings
- Hunt for garden animals including birds, newts, lizards
and compost critters
- Discover how Native Americans of California used plants
- Make crafts from plant material to take home
- Investigate in a different part of the Garden everyday!
Green Stuff is wonderfully small camp, limited to 12 children per week with 2 counselors, where each child gets very personal attention. We break-up into even smaller groups for walks with our Botanical Garden docents – 6 children and a counselor with a docent. The counselors are two well-trained UC Berkeley students, undergraduate or graduate students in Plant Sciences and/or Education, who have experience and a love for educating young children and sharing the wonders of plants and nature.
There are three sessions available for kids ages 8-10:
- Green Stuff Day Camp Week: June 23-27, 2014 (ages 8-10)
- Green Stuff Day Camp Week: August 4-8, 2014 (ages 8-10)
- Green Stuff Day Camp Week: August 11-14, 2014 (ages 8-10)
Space is limited, register online.Visit Event Website >>
Event Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact organizer for wheelchair accessibility information.