Green Building Workshop – Solar & the Electric Car: Infrastructure & Install
This event has passed.
Learn how Electric Vehicles (EV’s) and solar power save money and the environment with Nissan and Allterra Solar, two innovative companies on the cutting edge of renewable energy technology for consumer/commercial transportation and homes. Presenters will discuss the financial, environmental, aesthetic, and social benefits of transitioning to EVs and solar power, providing you with ideas, selling points, technical information and financial programs/incentives to help you and/or your clients make informed decisions.
Topics covered include:
- Solar and EV station installation and technical requirements for the home
- Rebates, Tax Incentives, and special utility rates for EV owners
- Why it makes sense to have solar when owning an EV
- Commercial opportunities and uses for EV’s
- Permitting for EV’s in South Bay Jurisdictions
- How Nissan is working to further EV technology
- A walkthrough of the Nissan LEAF Electric Car’s features
- How the Nissan dealership changed to accommodate LEAF infrastructure requirements
- The kWh needed to charge various EV models and money saved on fuel
At the end of the presentation we will have the opportunity to test drive the Nissan LEAF!
5:30-5:40 Sign In, Food
5:40-6:50 Topic Presentations
6:50-7:30 Q & A, Nissan LEAF Test Drives
Details and registration online.
- Event Phone:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: