Ecology Center Event
Fracking in California 101
What is all this extreme fuelishness? What does it mean to me? What can I do to stop it?
The Don’t Frack California working group of the SF Bay chapter of the Sierra Club and the Stop Fracking team of 350 Bay Area are holding a joint workshop for those who want to get active in the fight against Fracking and other extreme forms of oil extraction in California.
It will give you the information you will need to speak to the public about fracking/acidizing in California and their risks to the water we drink, the air we breathe, and worsening of climate disruption.
The evening will include:
- Lora Jo Foo of Sierra Club Don’t Frack California will describe the process of fracking/acidizing in California and the risks to water, climate, and public health.
- Adam Scow of Food & Water Watch will give a review of the past year’s efforts to stop fracking in California.
- Shannon Biggs and Adam Scow will present Local Efforts 101: How to work with local elected officials to pass resolutions and ordinances against fracking.
- Breakout Sessions: action-oriented working groups to brainstorm the coming years strategies.
For more information and to RSVP, contact Lora Jo Foo: firstname.lastname@example.org or Barbara Stebbins: email@example.com
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: