The foodservice world is changing: affected by an economy in recovery, technological advances, sustainability initiatives, and an ever more sophisticated public. Join us for an update on current trends and a forecast into 2014 and beyond. Special guest speaker Robin Ashton will provide a detailed overview of the growth and unit trends of the foodservice and equipment and supplies markets, as well as structural issues affecting both markets.
The Food Service Technology Center (FSTC) engineers will share the latest developments in equipment technology and restaurant sustainability and offer a glimpse into emerging technologies that could save the industry millions in energy and water bills.
Attendees will learn:
- About national trends in the adoption of energy and water efficient technologies as measured by the National Restaurant Association’s Annual Industry Forecast.
- About efficient lighting technology that should be part of every restaurant’s operations in 2014 and beyond.
- How the FSTC’s Online Life-Cycle Calculators and web tools are being improved and how they make energy estimation much easier.
- Which technologies and operational practices are showing promise to become industry standards.
Please Note – Seminar begins promptly at 9am. Please allow time for parking. Additional parking is available in the back lot, behind the FSTC and at the San Ramon Valley Conference Center.
Complimentary coffee, beverages and light snacks will be available! Register online.
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: