Fixit Clinic for Small Items
Don’t throw it away! Learn how to fix your broken stuff, or at least learn more about it disassembling it.
The County of San Mateo RecycleWorks program in collaboration with Rethinkwaste and the TechShop, will be holding its first Free Fixit Clinic in San Mateo County.
The general public is invited to bring their broken, non-functioning items such as small electronic items, small household appliances, computers, electronic toys and other items for assessment, disassembly and possibly repair. As participants you will learn how to fix-it yourself! Fixit coaches will be on hand to help disassemble and troubleshoot items. Specialty tools will also be provided. For more information or to register, visit website or call. This is a family-friendly event, but space is limited.
Are you great with tinkering? Want to help at this event and be a Coachon how to fix a small item? Send us an email!
Here is a list of items you should bring to the clinic to learn how to repair:
* Electronics (cell phones, MP3 players, DVD players, CD players, radios, etc.)
* Small appliances (toasters, coffee makers, blenders, portable heaters, lamps, etc.)
* Computers (desktop computers, laptops, tablet computers, etc.)
* Toys (remote control cars, learning notebooks, handheld game consoles, etc.)
On the day of the event what to bring:
Bring your non-working item, any tools you already own that might be helpful and any knowledge or research on the issue. Bring boxes, bags or small containers for parts. Carry-in items only. No oversized items.
- Event Phone:
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: