Festival of the Commons – A Neighborhood Placemaking Block Party
PLACE is organizing this unique street festival in Oakland’s Golden Gate District at 64th and Marshall Street, on Saturday, November 9th (Rain date: 11/16) with several neighbors to celebrate the re-imagination of the public commons with several projects including a community intersection painting project.
Our dream is that this type of celebration occurs across multiple neighborhoods in the future, helping activate the public commons, with the building of benches, planters, public art and the planting of gardens.
Local artists, food, musicians, community organizations, bicycle culture, garden installations, neighborhood improvement projects, family friendly activities, ReSkilling workshops, local merchants, art galleries and more.
Art & Activities
• Intersection Painting Project; The Theme: Declaring Peace Through All Our Relations
• Peace Flags: You and your families will be able to make peace flags that we will string up during the event.
• Conscious Carnival games, a family friendly activity
• Garden Projects, Workshops, Music Performances, and Community related grass-roots organizations are other Attractions.
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: