ELSEE Garden Lunch, Open House, Tasting Tour
The Middlebrook Center, home to CNGF and the ELSEE education program, invites you to a special day in celebration of the harvest and the first day of autumn.
At 10:00 am, our gates will open wide and all are invited to spend time with our interns, volunteers, partners and students in our urban farm and native garden.
Bring the children and the whole family for a fun day of activities and a special garden lunch served by some incredible people.
In the morning, you can enjoy these activities:
- Help us harvest the edibles growing throughout our garden.
- Get a personal tasting tour from one of our knowledgeable interns.
- Visit our farmers market area with freshly harvested and prepared foods from our garden.
- Collect seed pods from our native plants and take some home.
- Buy plants from our nursery.
- Do a crop exchange: bring in your home harvested fruits, vegetables, eggs, etc., and trade for some of our harvest.
- Talk to representatives from local CSA’s (community-supported agriculture) and get signed up for weekly pickup service in our garden.
- Eat a most delicious garden lunch prepared by our talented interns.
- Hear a talk from Alrie Middlebrook, founder of CNGF/ELSEE.
- Socialize and build our community of forward-thinking people.
- Come and see what our interns have been working on all summer!
All donations collected at this event will go to the California Native Garden Foundation to help support our ongoing community teaching program for kids and adults.
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: