Course: Ecological Landscaper Immersion Program
The Ecological Landscaper Immersion Program at the Permaculture Skills center is a nine-month professional training in all aspects of ecological landscape design, installation, and maintenance. We will cover all you need to know to manage a landscaping firm, vineyard, farm or contracting business. The goal of this program is to train the next generation of professional land managers in the skills of ecological regeneration, good business practices and social equity.
Learn from local landscapers, business owners and experienced instructors and get prepared to:
- run an economically sound and thriving business,
- design an ecologically diverse landscape, tailored for your clients and their goals, that can enhance the fertility & abundance of the land and your pocketbook
- design landscapes for energy, water and soil conservation and efficiency
- understand your role in operating a land based business
- participate with a cohort of colleagues for ongoing support
- Classes and mentorships will be held at the Permaculture Skills Center and at local sites throughout Marin and Sonoma Counties.
Three-month Sections that comprise the full 9-month Immersion
We’ve heard your feedback and we want to make this course possible to all who want to attend, so we’ve divided the 9-month Ecological Landscaper Immersion into three sections that can be attended individually.
2014-2015 Program Details
(150 Hours per section)
Days: Thursday & Friday
Time: 9 am – 4:30 pm
Section 1: Ecological Designer June 12 to August 22
Section 2: Ecological Homesteader Sept 11 to November 21
Section 3: Ecological Contractor Mar 12, 2015 to May 22, 2015
Each Section can be taken individually. The Permaculture Design Consultant’s Certificate and the Ecological Landscaper Certificate of Training are only available to those participants who attend all three sections.
- Event e-mail:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: