Community Energy Teach-In at Oakland Makerspace
Is Community Owned Energy Possible in San Antonio and Fruitvale?
The Sustainable Economies Law Center is excited to invite the Energy Solidarity Cooperative to hold a free interactive teach-in on how communities can take control of their energy needs.
The Energy Solidarity Cooperative will answer questions like:
- How do communities overcome barriers to local control of their fundamental energy resources? What are the possible solutions?
- What is ‘energy justice’? How does energy justice create democratic, equitable, and resilient models of energy management?
- What is the Energy Solidarity Coop’s mission, model and relevance to the San Antonio and Fruitvale communities?
- How can individuals and community based organizations be directly involved in, and impacted by, community owned renewable energy projects?
Community Owned Energy Teach-in 6:00 – 7:30pm
Donation based legal advice from 4:30 – 7:30pm
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: