- This event has passed.
Cold Process Soap Making 101
Friday | September 05, 2014 | 6:30 pm — 9:30 pm
The Nova Studio | 24 W. Richmond Avenue, Point Richmond, CA 94801
The class will cover the following as we demonstrate how to make a 4-pound
batch of soap (about 18-20 bars) using the cold process method:
• Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
• Necessary materials, supplies and equipment
• Safety considerations when working with sodium hydroxide
• Taking accurate measurements & proper mixing temperatures
• Coloring soap naturally with herbs, spices & clays
• Using pure essential oils to scent your soap naturally
• Preparing your molds and molding options
• Insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
• Decorating and packaging to impress
Please contact organizer for wheelchair accessibility information.