Build A Straw Bale House
This popular course will give you both the knowledge and practice you need to tackle your own straw bale construction project. The instructor, a leading expert in straw bale construction and a building inspector in Sonoma County, will teach you the latest innovations in this constantly evolving building technique. Course topics include:
- Design for straw bale homes
- Basic straw bale construction methods
- Foundation systems
- Framing for windows and doors
- Roofing materials and roof-bearing assemblies
- Interior details
- Building to code
You will help build a small load-bearing structure, including foundation and roofing. In addition, you will have the opportunity to mix and apply various plasters.
Space is limited, register online.
- Event Phone:
- Event URL:
- Wheelchair Accessibility: