- This event has passed.
Bay Trail Cleanup at Stege Marsh
Monday | January 16, 2017 | 9:00 am — 12:00 pm
Location in Richmond, CA
Meet at 51st St. at the entrance to the Bay Trail (near South 51st St. and Bayview Ave.) in Richmond.
In 1994 Congress designated Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a national day of volunteer service.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. sought to forge the common ground on which people from all walks of life could join together to address important community issues. The King Day of Service brings together people who might not ordinarily meet, breaks down barriers that have divided us in the past, leads to better understanding and ongoing relationships.
On January 16, 2017, Americans across the country will once again honor his legacy by taking part in a wide range of service projects.
Come out with your family, friends, and neighbors and join us in making a difference in Richmond. Be a part of this festive and inspirational event!
Help maintain the beauty of the Bay Trail by volunteering to pick up trash along the shoreline!
– We will provide tools and gloves. If you have your own pair of gloves please bring them so everyone gets a chance to pitch in.
– Bring your own reusable water bottle.
– Wear comfortable clothing and sturdy closed-toe shoes.
– Let us know if your party has multiple people
– Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
– Valid for Community Service hours